Social Media Sites
PixeKnits on Twitter, Pinterest and Ravelry,
Shout outs, Thank Yous, and Admin notes
New group member:
- Mandymosey Amanda
- CoggieTM KaRi
- sunsetknitter Heather
Blog/Vlog/Podcast of the Week
Creature Comforts by EZ
Question of the Week
When and if you were to go to a fiber festival is there anything particular you try and pick up or try out?
The Knitting Game
An explanation of The Knitting Game can be found here on the blog or on our Ravlery Group.
Sensual Knits Knitting Game Update
Knit.Sock.Love. Knitting Game Update
- Needle Question: What size are you going to use?
- Post Cast-on/Bind-off pictures to the thread on the message board with the following information:
o Cast-on Date
o Bind-off Date
o Yarn Used
o Needles Used
- Prizes will be awarded for the first FO to be posted and drawings for a few other prizes to be determined. (If you would like to donate something to be given away, please PM me on Ravelry)
The KAL started on 2 May. The deadline for submission will be Tue, June 12 at 11:59 PM.
Play Along at Home
What books are in your library too? Let me know here.
The Other Stuff
o GnomeAcres: Maleficent, 462 yards, 80/20 superwash merino & nylon sock fingering yarn
o Dyeabolical: I love Rock N’ Roll, 400 yards, 80/20 superwash merino & nylon sock fingering yarn – BeaGin Designs Stitch Markers
o Gale’s Art: Grapevine, 437 yards, 50/50 superwash merino/silk sock fingering yarn
o Spirit Trail Fiber Works: Dance the Orange, 295 yards, 80% lambswool / 10% cashmere / 10% angora worsted weight
o Signature needles
o Jordana Paige bag
o Around the Worlds in Knitted Socks
o Knitting in America
On the bobbin
- Frabjous Fibers: Opulence Blend in the Chromatophobia Red
In A Hank
- 4 oz. of Sweet Grass Wools Targhee Mountain Top in the Kimo colorway
- Gale’s Art: Naked, 4 oz. 70/30 alpaca/silk
o Alpaca blend
o Queen of France: 4 oz. Targhee
o Kimuro: 4 oz. English Shetland
o Bull’s Eye Bump: Sand dollar, 4.5 oz
o Bull’s Eye Bump: Rose Petals , 5.2 oz
o Ladybug Picnic Batts: 3.8 oz.
Yam Art Studio: Natural Finn, Angalina sparkles
Hiking and Fitness
Not happy with my progress or performance this week…
- Fight Like a Girl: Jabs and crosses, hooks and upper-cuts, elbows and knees, forward pushes and forward kicks.
- Personal Training: Endless sit-ups, get ups and pull ups.
Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival Fun
Deb Robson at the beginning of class
Merino Sheep – look at that nose!
Leicester Longwool from Colonial Williamsburg
Deb Robson and me after class
The Knit Girllls meet a Fan Girl!
And Diane is absolutely wonderful!
Fredericksburg Spinners and Weavers Guild Spin-in
When: Saturday, May 12th@ 10
Where: Guild Studio space at Liberty Town Arts Workshop