Social Media Sites
Shout outs and Thank Yous
Thank you to the following Ravelrers for posting introductions in our group:
Funny story about an interesting coincidence. Samjam158 is from the same town that my husband grew up in and not too far from where I was born and raised (about 5 miles down the road). I’m not originally from Virginia, but rather a small town on the east central coast of FL (the Space Coast is what we call it.) You may have heard of Cocoa Beach and Cape Canaveral, well I’m from that general area.
The Knitting Game
An explanation of The Knitting Game can be found here on the blog or on our Ravlery Group.
Book of the Month
Classic Elite Quick Knits by Classic Elite – on sale from Knit Picks for $14.97 until the 20th
The winner of first round of voting for TKG is…..
Lattice Ribbed Hat with 67% of the vote.
This Week’s Patterns
For round 2 of March 2012’s knitting game the contestants will be:
The Bateau Hat v. Lattice Ribbed Hat
- Voting for round 1 will close at 3 PM EST on Thursday, 9 February 2012
The Other Stuff
- Basic Gloves for Dad – second glove is flying
- No More Tear Toe-up Socks from Erin Walsh from the Mommy Needs Yarn Podcast
- Fingerless and Convertible Gloves for me
- 10 in 2010 Shawl knit with Madelinetosh Prairie in the Baltic colorway. I also have Oxblood and Byzantine
- Nothing this week
- Nothing here either
On the bobbin
- 100% Corridale in dark blue and crabapple from Louet purchased from Uniquities in Vienna, VA. I think I’m going to 3-ply this yarn. I’ve spun up 3 oz. on bobbin #1 and 1 oz on bobbin #2, so I have a bit to go.
In a Hank
- Nothing finished this week
- 4 oz. Merino / Silk Roving in green, white, pink, violet, and gold from Woolgatherings on Etsy
- 4 oz of Superfine Merino Wool Roving in purple, pink, and blue also from Woolgatherings on Etsy
On the Hanger
- Butterick 5722 – Women’s Top, Dress, Skirt and Pants. Blouse “B” (sleeves finished in Blouse A style)
On the Machine
- Nothing right now
- Butterick 5722 – Women’s Top, Dress, Skirt and Pants. Pants
- We’re going on an Alaskan Cruise in May/June and I’ll be in Seattle and Juneau so I would love some suggestions for local yarn and fiber shops where I could stop and pick up some souvenirs.
- Mommy Needs Yarn No More Tear KAL
Knit Pick February 2012 Spin-in
- Date: February 10 – 13
- Time: noon to noon
Fredericksburg Spinners and Weavers Guild Monthly Meeting
- Date: February 4
- Time: 10 am – noon
- Location: Liberty Town Arts Workshop
- Registration is now open for Carodan Farm’s SoXperience 2012.
- Date: April 13-15 (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
- Cost: $80
- Location: Chincoteague Island, VA