Social Media Sites
PixeKnits on Twitter, Pinterest and Ravelry,
Shout outs and Thank Yous
New group member:
- StitchesPlease (Courtney) and pkbailey (Pam)
Blog/Vlog/Podcast of the Week
The Flog on Geek & Sundry (YouTube) by and staring Felicia Day
Question of the Week
How do you follow what your Ravelry friend are doing on the site?
The Knitting Game
An explanation of The Knitting Game can be found here on the blog or on our Ravlery Group.
Paperback and e-Book
One Leg Press; 1St Edition edition (November 25, 2010)
Moving on to round 3: Twisted Flower Sock with 55% of the vote
Voting will close at 3 PM EST April 25, 2012
Sensual Knits Knitting Game Update
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Venezia Worsted
Needles: Knit Picks, size 8, 32” circular needles
Progress to date: Started the shaping increases along the back before the arms.
Play Along at Home
What books are in your library too? Let me know here.
The Other Stuff
Fiber Art Museum Pieces
- Lemongrass Socks – US 1/ 2.25mm Knit Picks, Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Lightweight – Lemongrass
- Mardi Gras Socks – US 2/2.75MM ChiaoGoo & Knit Picks fixed circulars, Blue Ridge Yarn’s Footprints in the Mardi Gras colorway
- Baby Jacket by Michele Rose Orne– US 6/4MM Knit Picks Interchangebles, Knit Picks Bare Worsted
- Clamberby Laura Wilson-Martos – US 4/3.5MM Kollage Square, Handspun from Wool, Tencel, Milk and Banana fiber dyed by River’s Edge Fiber Arts
- Two at a time, toe-up socks w/afterthought heal
On the bobbin
- Spunky Eclectic Fiber Club: 4 oz. Merino – Little Fishes (Free Preview)
- Paradise Fibers – 2 oz. Yak Down
- Highland Handmades – White Spruce Top (Bright’s Rainbow), 4 oz (60% Wool, 30% Bamboo, 10% Nylon)
- 4 oz. of Sweet Grass Wools Targhee Mountain Top in the Kimo colorway
- Unwind Yarn Company – Morning Sky, 3.9 oz (75% BFL, 25% Tussah Silk)
Dog House Yarn and More Knitter’s Retreat
When: Saturday, April 21, 2012
Where: Graves Mountain Lodge
Maranatha Alpaca Farm Alpaca Shearing Day 2012
When: Saturday, 28 April 2012, 11am – 5pm
Where: Maranatha Alpaca Farm
71 Coakley Lane
Fredericksburg, VA 22406
Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival
When: Saturday and Sunday, May 5-6, 2012 (pre-events and workshops earlier in the week)
Where: Howard County Fairgrounds
2210 Fairground Road
West Friendship, MD
3 thoughts on “The Knitting Game and Other Stuff #13 – Spin Me Right Round”
I will see you at the knitting retreat on Saturday! If I had been thinking clearly I would have packed your yarn bowl….but alas it is in Fburg.
Oh wow I can’t wait… but no worries. It’s not like you’ll be in the ‘burg all the time soon enough 🙂 I can just pop into your studio when you’re around. Can’t wait to see everyone on Saturday… this is going to be fun. If you couldn’t tell, I’m really looking forward to it.
I love what you’re doing with the targhee, can’t wait to see updates. I can gain weight by just looking at something, but, when I did a cruise I ate everything that I wanted but I walked everywhere. Only time I used elevator was when in evening wear. I also carried my camera bag everywhere. Did not gain a pound. Hope this works for you too.