Social Media Sites
Shout outs, Thank Yous, and Admin notes
New group member:
- KnittingsMyBag: Lois from California
Blog/Vlog/Podcast of the Week
High Fiber Diet Podcast with Coggie and “The Sarge” – A special thank you
Question of the Week
Do you have any rules for when you can start a new project?
The Knitting Game
Paperback and e-Book
One Leg Press; 1st Edition (November 25, 2010)
And the winner is…
Stalagmite with 60% of the vote.
Sensual Knits Knitting Game Update
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Venezia Worsted
Play Along at Home
What books are in your library too? Let me know here.
Post Cast-on/Bind-off pictures to the thread on the message board with the following information:
- Cast-on Date
- Bind-off Date
- Yarn Used
- Needles Used
- Link to your project page
- Tag your project with TKGKSLKAL (It stands for The Knitting Game, Knit Sock Love KAL)
Prizes will be awarded for the first FO to be posted and drawings for a few other prizes to be determined. (If you would like to donate something to be given away, please PM me on Ravelry)
KAL will start TODAY, right now! The deadline for submission will be Tue, June 26 at 11:59 PM.
The Other Stuff
- Lemongrass Socks – US 1/ 2.25mm Knit Picks, Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Lightweight – Lemongrass
- Two at a time, toe-up socks w/afterthought heal – US 2/2.75MM ChiaoGoo, Blue Ridge Yarn’s Footprints in the Mardi Gras colorway
- Baby Jacket by Michele Rose Orne- US 6/4MM Knit Picks Interchangebles, Knit Picks Bare Worsted
- Clamber by Laura Wilson-Martos – US 4/3.5MM Kollage Square, Handspun from Wool, Tencel, Milk and Banana fiber dyed by River’s Edge Fiber Arts
On the bobbin
- 4 oz. of Sweet Grass Wools Targhee Mountain Top in the Kimo colorway
- Frabjous Fibers: Opulence Blend in the Chromatophobia Red
- Spunky Eclectic: 4 oz. Gotland wool, Robin Redbreast
- Painted Tiger: 4 oz. Falkland wool, Waterlillies
- Unwind Yarn Company: 3.9oz Handdyed BFL and Silk Blend, Morning Sky
Hiking and Fitness
No hiking, but killing it at the gym. Training is going well but my eating is not where it should be. I never knew how much I used my abs to help drive a car until this morning. Training this week included:
- Fight Like a Girl: Jabs and crosses, hooks and upper-cuts, elbows and knees, forward pushes and forward kicks.
- Personal Training: Dead lifts and squats (both w/ 65 lbs bar), sit-ups and Bosu rolls, jumping pull-ups and latter drills.
- Cardio: 2×45 min stair-stepper, 1×45 treadmill (elevation/speed work)
TCCOC website live!
Maranatha Alpaca Farm Alpaca Shearing Day 2012
Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival
When: Saturday and Sunday, May 5-6, 2012 (pre-events and workshops earlier in the week)
Where: Howard County Fairgrounds
2210 Fairground Road
West Friendship, MD
- Meet-up: Knit Girlls, 4 PM near the main exhibition
- Shops I know I want to hit: Loop, Into the Whirled, Gales Art, Fiber Optic Yarns, Bijou Basin Ranch, Miss Babs, Mark Supik & Company (Wood turning),