Social Media Sites
Shout outs, Thank Yous, and Admin notes
New group member:
- Mandymosey Amanda
- CoggieTM KaRi
- sunsetknitter Heather
Blog/Vlog/Podcast of the Week
Creature Comforts by EZ
Question of the Week
When and if you were to go to a fiber festival is there anything particular you try and pick up or try out?
The Knitting Game
|Sock Yarn One Skein Wondersby Judith Durant (Editor)PaperbackStorey Publishing, LLCpublished in November 2010|
|Wisteria Arbor Shawl by Carla Kisielnicki||Swan Shawl by Rebecca Hatcher|
Sensual Knits Knitting Game Update
Knit.Sock.Love. Knitting Game Update
- Needle Question: What size are you going to use?
- Post Cast-on/Bind-off pictures to the thread on the message board with the following information:
o Cast-on Date
o Bind-off Date
o Yarn Used
o Needles Used
- Prizes will be awarded for the first FO to be posted and drawings for a few other prizes to be determined. (If you would like to donate something to be given away, please PM me on Ravelry)
The KAL started on 2 May. The deadline for submission will be Tue, June 12 at 11:59 PM.
Play Along at Home
What books are in your library too? Let me know here.
The Other Stuff
o GnomeAcres: Maleficent, 462 yards, 80/20 superwash merino & nylon sock fingering yarn
o Dyeabolical: I love Rock N’ Roll, 400 yards, 80/20 superwash merino & nylon sock fingering yarn – BeaGin Designs Stitch Markers
o Gale’s Art: Grapevine, 437 yards, 50/50 superwash merino/silk sock fingering yarn
o Spirit Trail Fiber Works: Dance the Orange, 295 yards, 80% lambswool / 10% cashmere / 10% angora worsted weight
o Signature needles
o Jordana Paige bag
o Around the Worlds in Knitted Socks
o Knitting in America
On the bobbin
- Frabjous Fibers: Opulence Blend in the Chromatophobia Red
In A Hank
- 4 oz. of Sweet Grass Wools Targhee Mountain Top in the Kimo colorway
- Gale’s Art: Naked, 4 oz. 70/30 alpaca/silk
o Alpaca blend
- Into the Whirled
o Queen of France: 4 oz. Targhee
o Kimuro: 4 oz. English Shetland
o Bull’s Eye Bump: Sand dollar, 4.5 oz
o Bull’s Eye Bump: Rose Petals , 5.2 oz
o Ladybug Picnic Batts: 3.8 oz.
Yam Art Studio: Natural Finn, Angalina sparkles
Hiking and Fitness
Not happy with my progress or performance this week…
- Fight Like a Girl: Jabs and crosses, hooks and upper-cuts, elbows and knees, forward pushes and forward kicks.
- Personal Training: Endless sit-ups, get ups and pull ups.
Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival Fun
Deb Robson at the beginning of class
Merino Sheep – look at that nose!
Leicester Longwool from Colonial Williamsburg
Deb Robson and me after class
The Knit Girllls meet a Fan Girl!
And Diane is absolutely wonderful!
Fredericksburg Spinners and Weavers Guild Spin-in
When: Saturday, May 12th@ 10
Where: Guild Studio space at Liberty Town Arts Workshop