Social Media Sites
Shout outs, Thank yous, and Admin notes
This week’s Blog/Vlog/Podcast: Knitabulls Podcast with Dian
The Knitting Game
by Yahaira Ferreira
published in January 2008On sale at Amazon.com for $8.97
Voting for round 1 for Sensual Knits will close at 3 PM, March 7th
Knitting Game Project Progress – Classic Elite Quick Knits
Yarn: 3-ply Corridal handspun
Needles: #7 US Knit Picks on 16” cable
The Other Stuff
- No More Tears socks by Erin Walsh of Mommy Needs Yarn – US 2/ 2.75 MM Kollage Square , Blue Sky Alpaca’s Spud & Chloe Fine Sock (80% Wool, 20% Silk), Color 7820
- Baby Jacket by Michele Rose Orne – US 6/4MM Knit Picks Interchangebles, Knit Picks Bare Worsted
- Clamber by Laura Wilson-Martos – US 4/3.5MM Kollage Square, Handspun from Wool, Tencel, Milk and Banana fiber dyed by River’s Edge Fiber Arts
- Dana (craftygirl83 on Ravelry and Plurk) at the Unwind Yarn Company dyed up some of her Luxe sock yarn (in case you didn’t know that’s 435yds/100g 80% superwash merino/10% cashmere/10% nylon) and asked for ideas on plurk for colorway inspirations… I sent her a picture I had taken of a sunset and she was kind enough to dye it.
On the bobbin
- 4 oz. of blended Colonial in the Dark Green color-way from the Smoky Mountain Spinnery
In a Hank
- 4 oz. of the Woolgatherings 50/50 silk Merino blend in purple, pink, green, yellow (Summer Orchid)
- 4 oz. of hand dyed Corriedale in the “Abstract” color-way from the Spunky Eclectic fiber club. This is Amy’s club offering for February.
- 2 oz.Yak down – Paradise Fibers
- 2 oz. cashmere – Paradise Fibers
- 2 oz. silk cocoons – degummed – Paradise Fibers
- 4 oz. baby camel down – Paradise Fibers
- 2 oz. possum/merino/cashmere – Paradise Fibers
- 2.2 oz. Corriedale/Tussah Silk batt from Unwind Fiber Company
Do It For The Boobies – Sarah Campbell, Rainlover on Ravelry, and host of the Rainlover Knits Podcast is raising money for the 2012: Avon Walk for Breast Cancer: Chicago. The Soups On! team set a goal of $8,000, right now they have raised $3,116.50. Sarah’s Do It For The Boobies E-book is $12 on Ravelry and comes with 3 patterns designed to inspire and energize by incorporating the Pink ribbon into her shawl, fingerless mitts and sock pattern. I bought one and gifted another.
What: Fredericksburg Spinners and Weavers Guild March meeting
When: Saturday, March 3rd 10:00 – 12:00
Where: Liberty Town Arts Workshop
- Bobbin Lace presented by member Margaret Campbell and members of the Piedmont Lace Guild.
What: Uniquities 6th Fiber Farmers’ Market
When: Saturday, March 17 from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Where: Vienna Community Center
- Avalon Springs Farm: Produces locks, roving, felt, and yarn-handpaints, handspun, and farm yarn. They have fiber animals on their small farm in Mt. Airy, MD, and Karen has recently been working to develop more patterns and kits that are new and exciting.
- Celestial Farms: Natural and hand-dyed, lanolin free, and hypoallergenic Llama yarn, and wool/llama blends. Celeste will also have her homemade jams and jellies, as well as a variety of handmade, all natural soaps
- Central Virginia Fiber Mill: Hand-dyed 100% Alpaca yarns, roving, and felted sheets. Also peg looms for weaving
- Dancing Leaf Farm: Hand-dyed yarns, hand-spun yarns, and hand-dyed roving
- Feederbrook Farm: We are a fiber CSA and educational sheep farm that offers sustainably grown, organically dyed, hand-spun yarns
- Finnegan’s Flock: Fiber, hand-spun yarn, mitten and felted soap kits from our own flock of Finn sheep
- Mt. Airy Farm: Cormo, CVM, Mohair, and Angora roving, yarns, and locks. Natural as well as hand-dyed yarns, roving, and locks. Raw fleece available upon request.
- Solitude Wool: We create our breed-specific yarns and prepared fibers from fleeces purchased from our own farms and others around the mid-atlantic region. Each yarn is designed to utilize the character of the breeds’ type of wool. Available in many beautiful, hand-dyed and un-dyed colors
- Spirit Trail Fiberworks: Hand-dyed roving, yarn, and natural colored fleece and roving from rare breed sheep
- Three Bags Wool: Wool roving, batts, yarn, and felted items from Icelandic sheep, plus kits and hand-spun yarn
- Wild Hare Fiber Studio: Hand-spun and hand-dyed artistry! Offering a full range of products for spinners, including hand-dye luxury fibers, gradient dyed top, and blended art batts and roving. Also hand-spun yarns, both wild and tame, handpainted knitting yarns, and felting supplies
- Wool N’ Quilts: Yarn, roving, and raw fleece from Romney sheep
- Lawre’s Laine: Hand-made tote bags of fabric and leather, a large selection of needle and hook storage items, and the opportunity to create and order your own custom bag!