Social Media Sites
Shout outs, Thank yous, and Admin notes
New group member:
- ShepherdsKnits – Leslie
- Busyhappyknitter – Arletha
- justknitchin – EL
- ndjen04 – Jen
- knittinwolf – Dawn
- lightning – Lynn
- DragonTamerBrat – Amanda
- linnalark – Linda
- Fizbin – Eileen
- Shannon4J – Shannon
- Theyarngoeson -Lisa Marie
- SallyFromIdaho – Sally
- lapayasa – Melinda
- yarnyaker – Janie
Thank you to Diane of Knitabulls, Dawn and Nicole from the Wolfe Farm Podcast and Lisa aka Fibernymph from 90% Knitting for graciously mentioning me and the podcast. I really appreciate those shout outs.
This week’s Blog/Vlog/Podcast: Whatcha Swatchin Podcast with Emily aka oohfancypants
iTunes Celebration Giveaway: 8 total, iTunes reviews were 1-2 and Rav posts are 3-8
Winner: #5 – theyarngoeson, Lisa Marie from Texas
The Knitting Game
An explanation of The Knitting Game can be found here on the blog or on our Ravlery Group.
by Yahaira Ferreira
published in January 2008
On sale at Amazon.com for $8.97
Round 1 was between the Betty V-neck Vest and the Lace Panel Cardigan. With 63% of the vote, the winner moving on to the next round is: The Betty V-neck Vest.
Voting for round 2 for Sensual Knits will close at 3 PM, March 14th
Knitting Game Project Progress
Classic Elite Quick Knits
Yarn: 3-ply Corridal handspun
Needles: #7 US Knit Picks on 16” cable
Cast on, knit the lattice pattern, reached a decision point.
The Other Stuff
- Another Crafty Girl – Oh Shiny! Sock, fingering 4-ply, 50/50 superwash merino and silk, 437 yds., Lagoon
- Blue Ridge Yarns Footprints – fingering 4-ply, superwash merino, 300 yds/100 yds, Marti Gras
Tools and Books
- 10.5 US (6.5mm) 24” cable
- 9 US (5.5mm) 24” cable
- 2 US (2.75mm) 40” cable – Lace
- HiyaHiya: US 2 (2.75mm) 40” cable
- Little red in the city: 7 patterns, awesome techniques, extremely customizable
- No More Tears socks by Erin Walsh of Mommy Needs Yarn – US 2/ 2.75 MM Kollage Square , Blue Sky Alpaca’s Spud & Chloe Fine Sock (80% Wool, 20% Silk), Color 7820
- Baby Jacket by Michele Rose Orne – US 6/4MM Knit Picks Interchangebles, Knit Picks Bare Worsted
- Clamber by Laura Wilson-Martos – US 4/3.5MM Kollage Square, Handspun from Wool, Tencel, Milk and Banana fiber dyed by River’s Edge Fiber Arts
- Two at a time, toe-up socks w/afterthought heal – US 2/2.75MM ChiaoGoo, Blue Ridge Yarn’s Footprints in the Mardi Gras colorway
- 1 No More Tears sock
On the bobbin
- 4 oz. of blended Colonial in the Dark Green color-way from the Smoky Mountain Spinnery, 8 oz. total completely spun up. Plan: 3-ply sample, if too thick, 2-ply and wind of ½ the 3rd bobbin to make another hank.
- Greenwood Fiberworks Hand Painted Merino Roving, 4 oz. Blueberry Smoothie colorway – Dog House Yarns
What: Uniquities 6th Fiber Farmers’ Market
When: Saturday, March 17 from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Where: Vienna Community Center
- Avalon Springs Farm: Produces locks, roving, felt, and yarn-handpaints, handspun, and farm yarn. They have fiber animals on their small farm in Mt. Airy, MD, and Karen has recently been working to develop more patterns and kits that are new and exciting.
- Celestial Farms: Natural and hand-dyed, lanolin free, and hypoallergenic Llama yarn, and wool/llama blends. Celeste will also have her homemade jams and jellies, as well as a variety of handmade, all natural soaps
- Central Virginia Fiber Mill: Hand-dyed 100% Alpaca yarns, roving, and felted sheets. Also peg looms for weaving
- Dancing Leaf Farm: Hand-dyed yarns, hand-spun yarns, and hand-dyed roving
- Feederbrook Farm: We are a fiber CSA and educational sheep farm that offers sustainably grown, organically dyed, hand-spun yarns
- Finnegan’s Flock: Fiber, hand-spun yarn, mitten and felted soap kits from our own flock of Finn sheep
- Mt. Airy Farm: Cormo, CVM, Mohair, and Angora roving, yarns, and locks. Natural as well as hand-dyed yarns, roving, and locks. Raw fleece available upon request.
- Solitude Wool: We create our breed-specific yarns and prepared fibers from fleeces purchased from our own farms and others around the mid-atlantic region. Each yarn is designed to utilize the character of the breeds’ type of wool. Available in many beautiful, hand-dyed and un-dyed colors
- Spirit Trail Fiberworks: Hand-dyed roving, yarn, and natural colored fleece and roving from rare breed sheep
- Three Bags Wool: Wool roving, batts, yarn, and felted items from Icelandic sheep, plus kits and hand-spun yarn
- Wild Hare Fiber Studio: Hand-spun and hand-dyed artistry! Offering a full range of products for spinners, including hand-dye luxury fibers, gradient dyed top, and blended art batts and roving. Also hand-spun yarns, both wild and tame, handpainted knitting yarns, and felting supplies
- Wool N’ Quilts: Yarn, roving, and raw fleece from Romney sheep
- Lawre’s Laine: Hand-made tote bags of fabric and leather, a large selection of needle and hook storage items, and the opportunity to create and order your own custom bag!
What: Dog House Yarn and More Knitter’s Retreat
When: Saturday, April 21, 2012
Where: Graves Mountain Lodge
What: Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival
When: Saturday and Sunday, May 5-6, 2012 (pre-events and workshops earlier in the week)
Where: Howard County Fairgrounds
2210 Fairground Road
West Friendship, MD