I finished spinning up the 4 oz. of Targhee from my January Spunky Club fiber shipment. Now it’s time to ply.
I have a lazy kate that came with my spinning wheel, but I’ve been having problems ply because the bobbins over rotate letting the yarn wind off too quickly and then it gets all kinked up and tangled. So I’m going to try using a homemade tensioned kate this morning to ply. I found the instructions here. So I will have to report back to you all about how happy I am with the new setup. I love to spin, but the plying part just doesn’t make me as happy because of all the problems that I’ve been having. Hopefully this will help fix the problem.
ETA: Updated to include the link to the original instructions.