[bliptv AYLpjSgA 720 510]
Social Media Sites:
- Pixie_Knits on Twitter, Plurk,
- PixieKnits on Pinterest
- PixieKnitsDesigns on Ravelry,
- Pixie91075 Google+
The Knitting Game
- What/How I got the idea: Here is the explanation about how I got the idea and the general rules.
- Why: To give me the opportunity to broaden my knitting knowledge using the resources I already have on hand.
- Who: I’ll be sharing and initiating the week’s patterns and voting, but if you want to follow along or start your own knitting game. Go for it, and let me know so I can let folks know what you’re up to and how to vote on your projects.
- When: I plan to record The Knitting Game and Other Stuff on Thursdays and post the new podcasts on Saturday. So the voting for the round’s patterns will be open from Saturday through Thursdays since I will announce the round winner and next weeks new pattern on the podcast.
- Where: I will post the patterns to My Ordinary Journey and to our Ravelry Group
Book of the Month
This Week’s Patterns
- Voting for round 1 will close at 3 PM EST on Thursday, February 2, 2012
The Other Stuff
- Nothing right now
- Nothing new
On the bobbin
- 100% Corridale in dark blue and crabapple from Louet purchased from Uniquities in Vienna, VA
In a Hank
- Rustic Fall – 2-ply, 300 yards, 5 oz., worsted weight, merino. I bought this fiber from Spunky Eclectic to go with my new spinning wheel.
- Baby Soft – Single, 198 yards, 3 oz., sport weight, merino. I got this fiber during a Christmas gift exchange at my local Spinner’s and Weaver’s Guild here in Fredericksburg.
- Shake Your Tail Feather – 2-ply, 400 yards, almost 4 oz., sport weight, wool, tencel, milk and banana. I bought this fiber at the Virgina Fall Fiber Festival at Montpelier, VA in October from River’s Edge Fiber Arts.
- 12 oz. of blended Colonial in the Dark Green color-way from the Smoky Mountain Spinnery.
- 4 oz. of hand dyed Targhee in the “Birds ‘n’ Berries” color-way from the Spunky Eclectic fiber club. This is Amy’s club offering for January.
- Simplicity 9949 Bag A – I needed a knitting project bag
- The Pink Pixie Purse – I designed my own bag. I wanted a knitting project bag that was big enough for a sweater project.
- Butterick See & Sew 5596 Bag A – This pattern uses fat quarters and I’m going to do two, one for me in brown and one in red and black for my daughter.
- Rapidan Camp: 7.4 miles circuit, 1520 ft. in elevation change, notable features include stream, cascades, and historic sites.
Knit Pick February 2012 Spin-in: February 10 through February 13th